Friday, January 18, 2008

I vow to Thee, My Country/ The Answer

I happened to chance upon the song The Answer by Corrinne May recently. It was so amazingly sweet and refreshing. Haha. Apparently, the melody was originally composed by Gustav Holst in the early 20th century. The original hymn's title is (yes, you've guessed it) I vow to Thee, My Country. While the original lyrics has been criticised as being overly patriotic, I still feel that it is a great hymn with a beautiful melody. It kinda makes me miss the hymns that we used to sing back in ACS(I). Somehow, I still prefer traditional hymns. Perhaps it is because their melodies are sweeter and more peaceful. I don't quite have a sweet tooth for food, but I'll admit that I do like sweet melodies (who wouldn't?). In any case, is there anyone out there who knows of churches who still sing such traditional hymns?

Anyway, here's I vow to Thee, My Country.


And here's The Answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home